At CentricsIT, we are your IT experts. When any IT maintenance issue arises in your data center we are here to help. If there is an error code you can’t fix, let us assist you in our monthly FixIT column. This month, we’re covering the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch Error: Port stuck in STP blocking state with BLK*(Type_Inc).
A port stuck in STP blocking state with BLK*(Type_Inc) is a type of inconsistency that might exist on an access port when it is connected to a trunk port on the other end. The port becomes BLK*(Type_Inc) to indicate that there is an incorrect configuration on the link.
Use these commands to confirm the details of the STP port state for the port:
- Show spanning-tree interface detail <id> detail
- Show spanning-tree interface <id>
- Check the switch port modes configured at both ends (ports) of the link
- Make sure that they are in the same mode
- Both should be in access or trunk mode.
- Once the modes are synchronized, the port moves out of the inconsistency state
If you have any further questions about the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch Error: Port stuck in STP blocking state with BLK*(Type_Inc), contact our dedicated IT support staff by calling us toll free at 1 (877) 531-7466. CentricsIT offers data center services including data center hardware maintenance and support, and we can help you get the most out of your data center, regardless of its size.