At CentricsIT, we are your IT experts. When any IT maintenance issue arises in your data center we are here to help. If there is an error code you can’t fix, let us assist you in our monthly FixIT column. This month, we’re focusing on a common Cisco VPN client error, “Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter”.
If you have encountered this error while trying to connect to the Cisco VPN Client, we’ve listed below the steps in resolving the issue. The solution is simple.
- Select the “Start” button on your Windows desktop, and in the search field, type in “msc”.
- Once you’ve located the program “Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service”, you will need to select it and stop the application from running.
- Additionally, you will need to stop and disable the “Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Service”.
- Once you’ve managed to disable both programs, you will need to restart the “Cisco System, Inc. VPN Service” program.
- Re-launch the Cisco VPN Client, and the error code should go away.
If you’re experiencing further difficulties with your VPN, this could be a sign of a greater issue. If disabling the programs does not work, try restarting the system and repeating the steps. After the above steps are completed and you’re still having trouble with the error, contact us at CentricsIT to help resolve the issue.
If you have any further questions about the Cisco VPN Client error code, “Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter”, contact our dedicated IT support staff by calling us toll free at 1 (877) 531-7466. CentricsIT offers data center services including data center hardware maintenance and support, and we can help you get the most out of your data center, regardless of its size.