At CentricsIT, we are your IT experts. We are here to help with any IT maintenance issue that arises in your data center. If there is an error code that you can’t fix, we can help in our monthly FixIT column. This month, we’re covering the IBM System Reference Code A6005008.
What is System Reference Code A6005008?
The System Reference Code A6005008 error indicates that an IPL did not find a console. If the console type is set to anything other than 1, the system will display this ibm error codeerror code.
How Do I Resolve it?
In order to solve the problem, you will need to change your console type.
- First, place the system in Manual mode. Select function 25 and press Enter, use the Up key to select 26 and press Enter.
- Next, use the Up key to select 65, hit Enter, press 21, hit Enter, and then 11.
- You will see A601500A on the display. Continue selecting 65+21+11 until you get the right console type.
- A6xx500B xx will be the console type.
- 00 = No Console Defined
- 01 = Twin Axial Console
- 02 = Operations Console (direct)
- 03 = Operations Console (LAN)
- 04 = Hardware Management Console (HMC)
- C3 = Clear LAN Configuration
- A3 = Deactivate Followed by an Activate of the LAN Operations Console Adapter
- DD = Dump All Console-Related Flight Recorder into a Set of vlogs
- E1 = Enable Ethernet Embedded Port
- E2 = Enable Add-on 5706 and 5707 LAN Adapters
- D1 = Disable Ethernet Embedded Port
- D2 = Disable Add-on 5706 and 5707 LAN Adapters
- Bn = Enable LAN Adapter in Slot (C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C9, CA)
- Fn = Enable Asynchronous Adapter in Slot (C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C9, CA)
When you have corrected console type, select 21 and hit Enter and to confirm the correct console type. This should resolve the issues and remove the error code from your system.
If you have any further questions about this error, feel free to contact our dedicated IT support staff by calling us toll-free at 1-877-531-7466. We offer a number of advanced IT repair services.
Want more out of your hardware support? Contact a Support Specialist at CentricsIT to employ a more proactive approach to your IT lifecycle management.