At CentricsIT, we are your IT experts. We are here to help with any data center hardware maintenance issue that arises. If there is an error that you can’t fix, we can help in our monthly FixIT column. This month, we’re remedying a corrupted ROM file on the C7000 Onboard Administrator.
FixIT: You may not be able to easily discern if your C7000 Onboard Administrator has a corrupted ROM file. The hp c7000 supportC7000 may give no indication of corruption, so run a thorough review of the OA. If you find a red error light, complete the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Download the Firmware update.
- Connect OA to computer through serial cable.
- Open HyperTerminal (in Microsoft Windows) or a suitable terminal window (in Linux) and connect to the OA .
- You will be prompted with re-flash memory or missing password. Follow password reset procedure below to recover the password and reset the administrator password to the factory default:
- Connect a computer to the serial port of the Active Onboard Administrator.
- Open HyperTerminal (in Microsoft Windows) or a suitable terminal window (in Linux) and connect to the Active Onboard Administrator .
- Press and hold in the HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator reset button for 5 seconds. Select LP from the serial console prompt.
- Press L to boot the system into Lost Password mode. The password appears on the screen as it reboots.
- Follow the indicated steps given by the OA and provide the FTP server IP with file location on the flash memory. Ex: C:\hpoa371.bin* (most recent at time of this writing). System will load and reboot.
If you have any further questions about this error, feel free to contact our dedicated IT support staff by calling us toll free at 1 (877) 531-7466. CentricsIT offers data center services including support and maintenance, and we can help you get the most out of your data center regardless of size.
Want more out of your hardware support? Contact a Support Specialist at CentricsIT to employ a more proactive approach to your IT lifecycle management.