Social and Environmental Management Systems (S & EMS) Information
As one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States and a GSA Schedule 70 Contract holder, CentricsIT is in complete compliance with federally established social responsibility policies, including: non-discrimination, child labor, and minimum wage requirements. CentricsIT maintains a safe, healthy work environment and takes measures to ensure all employees are treated with dignity and respect. CentricsIT has been named to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplaces list for three consecutive years. CentricsIT work conditions, work-life flexibility, and growth opportunities have been publicly listed as workplace strengths.
CentricsIT has implemented and maintains an Environmental Management System (EMS). CentricsIT seeks every opportunity to conserve natural resources, including adherence to the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s waste management hierarchy for all non-hazardous e-waste materials, the employment of ISO14001 and R2 certified e-waste recyclers, and adherence to a strict zero-landfill policy for all non-hazardous e-waste. CentricsIT is also in the process of obtaining its own ISO9001 and ISO14001 certifications.
CentricsIT does not deal in any hazardous materials or weapons and does not ship to any locations, companies, or individuals listed on the Department of Defense embargo list or Denied Persons List.
1. Establish programs (within the management system) to control operations that intersect with these matters and confirm compliance with applicable law, regulation and any particular contractual requirements.
- CentricsIT is compliant with all laws, regulations, and contractual requirements. Program management and oversight is handled by the CentricsIT Human Resources department, which disseminates written procedures to all employees, ensuring social and environmental compliance with all regulations and laws.
2. Measure performance associated with significant environmental aspects where applicable and these common business aspects:
- Energy Conservation
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Waste Management
- The CentricsIT Human Resources department monitors the purchase of Energy Star appliances and low-flow/waterless toilets and urinals. The team also monitors heating and air conditioning temperatures and the automatic shut off of office lighting. The CentricsIT engineering team is responsible for ensuring all new IT procurements are Energy Star compliant.
- Parking spaces toward the front of the office entryway are reserved for environmentally friendly vehicles in order to encourage employees to purchase fuel-efficient vehicles. Secondary spaces also near the entryway are reserved for employees who carpool.
- All CentricsIT employees are given washable, reusable mugs and cups to discourage and ultimately eliminate the use of disposable cups in the office.
- CentricsIT actively recycles paper, glass, and aluminum through the placement of recycling-only receptacles in the office. CentricsIT warehouse associates also recycle all cardboard and plastic packaging materials.
- All non-hazardous e-waste is handled through the CentricsIT subsidiary CentricsIT (IT Asset Disposition), which aims to reuse, repurpose, or recycle retired IT assets according to standards outlined by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
3. Goals are set to achieve positive results associated with significant aspects where applicable and include at minimum one in each of the three aspects:
- Energy Conservation
- Scope 1 and Scope 2 Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Waste Management
- CentricsIT has set the following goals for improved energy efficiency and environmental protection standards:
- 100% procurement of Energy Star compliant appliances, desktops, laptops, and monitors
- Further reduce office energy consumption
- Increase reuse of electronic components (such as hard drives) whenever possible
- Maintain 100% zero-tolerance policy for all non-hazardous e-waste
- Completely eliminate the use of disposable cups in the office
- Only allow employees to rent energy-efficient vehicles when possible for work-related travel
4. Public disclosure of results associated with these voluntary environmental goals and other environmental aspects from the management system, including any regulatory fines or penalties that may have occurred.
- CentricsIT promotes and publicly discloses all information related to its voluntary environmental goals through its website and in conjunction with the promotion of its corporate responsibility program Centrics Cares. At this time, CentricsIT has not incurred any regulatory fines or penalties but would publicly disclose such information on its website.
5. Employee training for all those responsible for performing this work.
- The CentricsIT Human Resources department is highly educated with regard to federal and state regulatory guidelines and regularly completes both mandatory and voluntary training to ensure CentricsIT continues its best-practices approach toward environmentally responsible business practices. All information related to the corporate S & EMS guidelines is disseminated to all employees via email, presentation media, and the CentricsIT intranet website, Radius.
6. Self-assessments, audits, and management reviews.
- CentricsIT leadership regularly conducts both onsite and offsite scheduled reviews to discuss progress toward current goals and the implementation of future goals. The purpose of these regular meetings is to improve company efforts toward environmentally sustainable business practices, the cultivation of a dynamic workplace culture, and the maintenance of a safe, healthy work environment for all CentricsIT employees.
7. Requirements are cascaded to our own suppliers that perform work that is material to the products, parts, and/or services being supplied to customers.
- CentricsIT fully expects its subcontractors to adhere to all company standards and corporate guidelines, including those discussed in the CentricsIT S & EMS. CentricsIT provides all subcontractors with copies of these standards and guidelines and ensures these resources are readily available to them via internal websites or website portals.
For more information about GreenIT, contact us today.